Tuesday 12 October 2010

Social Action in Birmingham

This year I helped out with the party's social action project in the Alum Rock estate, east of Birmingham City. Alum Rock is an inner-city suburb, renowned for its vibrant Asian fabric and textile industry.


Leading up to Conference, Conservative volunteers have been involved in a number of smaller projects taking place in the Alum Rock area, focusing on health and education.


During Conference I helped refurbish a disused and rundown building called the 'Dolphin Centre' in Ward End Park. I painted the radiators white and at the end of conference the whole centre was renovated and it will provide much needed community, education and training facilities.


I am really proud that I was part of this excellent project and believe that we should all do more to help communities in need. Social Action is about people across the country doing their bit to help their local communities and building a better society for everyone. As a Conservative, Social Action is the very lifeblood of everything we believe in and stand for.


Here are some pictures of me at the project- enjoy!



Alum Rock logo

Myself, Jonathan, Serene & RC for London Nic at the centre

Nura and myself at the centre

Painting a radiator!

Our signatures (bottom right) on the wall of the centre

No comments:

Post a Comment