Thursday 27 June 2013

Become a School Governor Today


Aerodrome Primary School

Over the last five years I have been privileged to serve on the governing body of Aerodrome Primary School in Godwin Road (formerly Duppas Junior School) and have seen it progress considerably under the new leadership of Zoe and her team.

On Wednesday after an early morning governor’s meeting I shadowed Year 4 who were using their mathematical skills to solve some challenging puzzles and also helped some pupils read.I had a really enjoyable time with the class and I reminisced about my days at Regina Coeli. 

Being a governor is extremely rewarding and it is one of the UK’s largest voluntary groups with around 300,000 people contributing to developing and raising standards of achievements at more than 30,000 schools.

After successfully encouraging several friends to become governors I urge you also to become one as you can really make a difference.

For more information on how to become a school governor, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment