Sunday 23 June 2013

South End Food Festival Serves up Croydon's Finest Cuisine

About to tuck into my lunch!
After meeting residents in Waddon this morning I had built up quite an appetite so decided to head to the annual South End food festival for lunch with my husband. Croydon’s South End area is home to some of the borough’s most exciting and enjoyable restaurants, offering tasty cuisines from around the world. That includes dishes from China, France, Greece, India, Japan, Mexico, Spain, Thailand and the UK.
This year’s event also included a main stage with live entertainment, which attracted a huge turnout from people inside and outside of the borough. Many families attended, including local MP Gavin Barwell whose son tried out the face painting alongside tasty sweets and treats
After spending an hour trying to decide which of the many stalls I was going to buy my lunch from, I finally made up my mind. My tasty treat for the day was a flame-grilled burger from Brasserie Vacherin, one of Malcolm John’s restaurants. If the rest of the menu is as good as the burgers, then I recommend you try it out!
Today’s festival was another reminder of the town’s strong community spirit and culture, that makes it such a popular place to live. Look around the smiling faces of the volunteers, the guests, the families and their children and you’ll see why Croydon is still an exciting and positive place to live and work. Our town is taking huge strides forward and we have every reason to be excited about the future.  

The Mayor of Croydon at the cook off!

No comments:

Post a Comment